Who doesn’t love a day out on the water? Renting a boat can be such a fun and relaxing way to spend the day. Vancouver, British Columbia is a beautiful city located on the west coast of Canada. It is surrounded by beautiful scenery, with amazing views of and access to the Pacific Ocean. Renting a boat in Vancouver can cost between $40/hour to $2,000/hour, depending on what type of boat you are renting.
There are different kinds of boats to rent in Vancouver, and it will determine how much it costs. We will look at hand-powered boats like kayaks and canoes, then motorboats, and then large luxury boats. This article will also take a look at some of the best spots to go boating in and around Vancouver.
Whether you are a resident of the city or just planning on visiting, renting a boat is a pretty fun way to spend an afternoon or even a few days! Let this article be some inspiration to get out on the water and enjoy the beautiful scenery.
Cost to rent hand-powered boats in Vancouver
The cheapest type of boat to rent in Vancouver is small, hand-powered boats like kayaks and canoes. This is a popular pastime in the city and a great way to enjoy the outdoors, get some exercise, and spend time in the sun.
The cost to rent a kayak in Vancouver is around $40/hour but varies based on where you decide to go. There are a number of places to rent kayaks and canoes in Vancouver. Here are some of the popular locations:
- Jericho Beach and Spanish Banks Beach: this is a long stretch of beach near Vancouver’s trendy Kitsilano Neighbourhood. You can rent boats at Jericho Beach Kayak Centre. Rates are $42/two hours for a single kayak.
- Cates Park or Deep Cove, North Vancouver: this area is located along the Indian Arm inlet, which is a more sheltered area to go kayaking and canoeing. You can rent boats at Cates Park Paddling Centre. Rates are $39/hour for a single kayak or $59/hour for a double kayak.
- False Creek: this area is also located downtown and has views of the iconic ScienceWorld building and sports stadiums. You can rent boats at Creekside Kayaks. Rates are $25/hour for a single kayak or $50/hour for a tandem kayak.
Cost to rent speedboats in Vancouver
If you are looking for a little more speed and adrenaline, it might be best to rent a speedboat! There are lots of places where you can rent a speedboat or motorboat in Vancouver. It’s a great option if you like water sports like skiing, wakeboarding, or tubing.
Renting a speedboat in Vancouver is much more expensive than a canoe or kayak, but it’s a unique and fun experience. These boats can also carry more people, so you can take a group of friends and split the cost, making it more affordable. The cost to rent a speedboat in Vancouver is usually around $90/hour with a three or four-hour minimum rental.
There are a few popular spots to rent boats in Vancouver. Here are your top choices:
- Coal Harbour: this is located in downtown Vancouver near the business district. You can rent boats at Coal Harbour Boat Rentals. Prices are $90/hour or $575/day for a basic model. Rates increase if it’s on the weekend or you get a larger boat.
- Granville Island: this is a popular tourist destination that is known for excellent shopping for local arts and handicrafts and fresh food at the market. You can rent a boat from Vancouver Boat Rentals, which has a dock in Granville Island. Rates start at just $75/hour and increase depending on the size and speed of the boat.
Cost to rent luxury boats in Vancouver
If you really want to make a day of it, consider renting a yacht or luxury boat in Vancouver. This is a great option if you have something special to celebrate, like an anniversary, company party, or wedding.
This is, of course, the most expensive option to rent a boat in Vancouver. However, it might be just the splurge you need to treat yourself! The cost to rent a luxury boat or yacht in Vancouver varies quite a bit based on the size and capacity of the boat but is approximately $2,000/hour.
Here are some areas you can rent a yacht or luxury boat in Vancouver:
- Coal Harbour: this harbour is located near downtown Vancouver and is where many luxury boats and yachts are docked by their owners. You can also rent and charter luxury boats from Spirit Yacht Charters. Most people will rent these large yachts for a longer period of time; the weekly rate is $100,000. Neptune’s Yacht Charters offers an hourly rate, starting a $2,000/hour for up to 30 guests.
- Granville Island: there are a few different rental companies in this area. You can rent or charter a luxury yacht from Blue Pacific Charters. Rates start at $2,200 for the day for a small yacht with a capacity of only eight people. A larger boat for 20 people costs $7,000 for the day.
Vancouver is a beautiful city with some amazing places to enjoy the ocean views. Getting out on the water on a boat is such a fun way to spend some time. There are a number of options to rent a boat in Vancouver, depending on what you are looking for. The prices range quite a bit based on activities as well.
If you want to go kayaking, it’s very affordable at around $40/hour. Speedboats are more expensive at approximately $90/hour. Finally, you can splurge for a luxury boat or yacht and spend upwards of $2,000/hour, depending on the size and capacity. Whichever option you choose, make sure to take some pictures and enjoy your day out on the water in Vancouver!